Wednesday, January 14, 2009

White dress for Evie

I made this dress a couple days ago but never posted pictures of it. I started with the idea of a simple longsleeved, empire waisted, full skirt dress in white silk. Then I added some vintage ecru lace at the hem and the collar, like so.The white and ecru looked really pretty together, but I wanted to add some color. I threaded a light blue 2mm silk ribbon through the lace at the hem, and adding some lace and ribbon to the sleeve cuffs, to make them a little more embelished. This was the result:

And last of all, no outfit could be complete without a head accessory of some sort. I thought of making a clip on bow, but somehow I didn't feel a big bow would suit the style of the dress. I decided to go for something a little daintier, and I made a headband. I covered it with the same lace and ribbon that was used on the dress and put one little lace and ribbon bow on each side.

No comments: