Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Boots for Alice, also a New Friends


Over the winter holidays I commissioned a pink pair of ugg boots for Alice, made by the talented Miriam at Mimisstuff. The boots are exactly what Alice and I had in mind, but the best part is the tiny jointed bear that Miriam sent along with the boots. Bernard, as he has been christened, is a very detailed and wonderfully made mohair bear, and he looks just like his larger Steiff cousins. I don't know the make of Bernard himself, but the stiff mohair and his overall appearances looks a lot like the classic teddy bears that used to be filled with sawdust. <3 We are in love!

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Alice and Bernard look like they have bonded nicely. I made the little bear myself on Izzy's behalf of course (although she can hold the needle for me she hasn't quite got the idea of sewing yet;)).