Friday, October 16, 2009

Warm Winter Coat

Ooh, double post day! It's cold cold cold today, so I made Alice a new winter coat.
Brrr.... today's chilly weather (and all the talk of snow!) got me thinking about Alice's winter duds. She still has her blue furry coat from last winter, but i figured it was time for something new. Here is what we came up with...

I used pink baby corduroy for the outer shell and then I lined the inside of the coat with Liberty of London cotton in "Nina-Rose". The lining is not visible when the coat is buttoned up, but just know it's there makes me happy. I also sewed on a white minky fur collar and cuffs, to match Alice's white fur earmuffs. Isn't she a cutie?

I wonder, should I add buttons to the front of the coat? I have some 4mm plastic white buttons (but I'm afraid they might look cheap), and I also have some tiny round goldplated beads I use as buttons. Or I could do a small pink bow in the center of the white collar in front... hmmm, decisions, decisions...


3 comments:

ReineDeLaSeine14 said...

I like the idea of the gold beads as buttons!

Slavy said...

you don't think it would be too distracting?

fenris said...

totally agree with reine, i think the beads would be classy! :)